Friday, October 15, 2010

Sugar Flowers




Here is my competition cake. The first and only competition I have entered. I was so shocked to win the entire wedding cake division for amateurs because there were a lot of talented bakers who entered. It was put on by the Knoxville Public Library, Sugarbakers, and the L&N for the 5th anniversary of the Imagination Library, which was founded by Dolly Parton. This was the first time for a cake competition here, and hopefully there will be more in the future.

The cake was covered in taupe colored fondant and adorned with many, many sugar flowers that I handmade. There were peonies, roses, rose buds, hydrandgeas, and ivy. I also made fondant swags to give it more of a romantic feel. The flowers alone took me over 50 hours to make, whew! But, I loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. First I wanted to thank you for the sweet (and hilarious!) comment you left on "SweetSugarBelle's" blog about my little ribbon roses! You are too kind! :o)

    Secondly I just spent the last hour glued to your blog! Your cakes are too die for! Your style, design and sense of color are inspirational! I'm just in love with this one in particular. The flowers are exquisite! The taupe color is so classy! Did you go to pastry school? How did you learn cake decorating?
    Your newest fan,
    Loren :o)

    ReplyDelete